Role: B1 Engineer
Reports to: Base Maintenance Manager
Location: Twin Peaks, St Athan
Hours of Work and shifts available:
Shift 1: 07:00 – 17:45 – Monday – Thursday, Tuesday – Friday rotating
Shift 2: 07:00 – 18:15 – 5on/4off – 5on/4off – 5on/5off
Salary: Basic salary £61,640 (increasing to £63,865 in April 2024) plus £3,000 shift premium per annum
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, self-motivated B1 Engineer to join our dynamic team, using your experience within the Aircraft Engineering environment for all maintenance activities, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance in response to our customers’ requirements.
You will have responsibility for supervising, mentoring and delegating resources as the situation demands to ensure the smooth running of the operation, whilst meeting Part 145 maintenance requirements, our internal processes and procedures, and our customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Putting safety and quality first, you will ensure adherence to Health & Safety procedures whilst carrying out aircraft maintenance within the limits of your company approvals. Whilst upholding the highest level of engineering standards and practices, you will assist in driving the team to deliver defect rectification and investigation, repair, overhaul and modifications.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out maintenance and inspection of aircraft as defined in the Caerdav MOE and published procedures.
- Lead a team of Technicians and Mechanics in all aspects of Base Maintenance checks.
- Ensure correct completion of paperwork and forms as required in the Company MOE or published procedures.
- Keep the Bay Manager and Production Planners informed of maintenance requirements and any associated, potential or actual issues.
Key requirements include:
- A minimum of 5 years’ aircraft maintenance experience, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Base Maintenance
- Team lead experience
- Ability to use recognised aircraft documentation
- B1 Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licence:
- Must be UK CAA AML or EASA AML issued pre 31.12.20 or UK CAA AML & EASA AML issued post 31.12.20
- Must have Type Rating & Recency for Boeing 737NG
- Desirable to have Type Rating & Recency for:
- Airbus A320 Family
- Boeing 737CL / 757 / 767
Build your career with us…
At Caerdav, we recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. By sharing the challenges and rewards that come from working in this exciting and ever-evolving industry, we want every employee to feel they are playing an integral role in the growth of the business.
We offer a fast-paced, exciting and fun place to work, where the focus is on communication and cooperation. In return for your skill and dedication, we provide a suite of benefits for every role, including:
- Enrolment in a Salary Exchange (sacrifice) programme
- Employer pension contributions
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Medical Insurance
- Employee life insurance
- Dental, Optician and Audiologist cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Travel insurance
- Recognition Scheme
- Employee referral bonus
- Free Will writing
- Store and entertainment discounts and vouchers
- Free parking on site
To apply for this role, please submit your CV, Licence Copy and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org