Founded in 2012, we are one of the only independent UK-based MROs, specialising in the Airbus and Boeing families of aircraft. We have also trained thousands of pilots who now work in every sector of commercial aviation, ranging from B747 cargo operators to captains on national flag carriers.
We pride ourselves on completing outstanding work quickly, on time, and on budget – providing vital support for airlines who need a reliable support partner, whatever the nature of their operations.
Caerdav has ambitious plans for growth over the coming 12 months. We are
currently driving an agenda to improve efficiency and streamline our operations to support and ensure the continued growth and success of our team and our business.
The Safety & Compliance Surveyor reports to the Head of Compliance and Safety.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Programme is implemented correctly, maintained efficiently and reviewed continuously through the auditing of processes primarily within Aircraft Maintenance and in accordance with EASA Part 145 Regulations.
- Auditing as appropriate to ensure compliance.
- Scheduled and un-scheduled audits/inspections and the production of associated audit/inspection reports.
- Provide recommendations to the Head of Compliance & Safety in relation to the ongoing development of the Quality System, Quality Assurance
procedures and associated documentation.
- Manage and control documentation in relation to audits.
- Review and oversee regulatory publications and updates.
- Identify risks through trend analysis of compliance & Safety data.
- Undertake risk assessments and safety case investigations.
- Review compliance monitoring audit techniques.
- Assist in the development of Compliance and Safety systems and
- Process and Investigate Occurrence Reports applying Route cause
analysis & Root cause correction principles.
- Attend compliance meetings.
- Assist in facilitating NAA and 3rd party audits.
- Liaise with Regulatory Authorities.
- Authorise company personnel as required.
- Assess and approve suppliers and subcontractors.
- Administrator for company IT and Centrik database.
- Monitor mandatory refresher training for HF, EWIS & FTS.
- Assist with the development of induction and continuation training.
- Assist with the development of regulatory updates / procedure change training.
- Promote continuous improvement throughout the Company.
The Ideal Candidate
|GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) in Maths and English – Grade C equivalent or above||X|
|Apprenticeship – Aviation or Mechanical Engineering||X|
|Auditor to ISO 9001 standards||X|
|Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in an aviation maintenance environment||X|
|Experience in an aviation quality / quality assurance environment||X|
|Quality systems and auditing techniques training||X|
|Sound understanding of EASA Part M, Part 21, Part 147 and Part 66||X|
|Sound understanding of Safety Management Systems (SMS)||X|
|Aptitude, skills and abilities|
|Excellent communication skills – active listening and verbal and written English||X|
|A ‘Self Starter’ – motivated and comfortable working autonomously||X|
|Natural problem solver – relish in tackling complex issues and offering creative solutions||X|
|Highly organised – able to prioritise workload and tasks effectively||X|
|Tenacious – driven to complete projects to a high standard||X|
|Team player – develop solid working relationships as part of our ‘Caerdav family’||X|
|Attention to detail – Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work||X|
|Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word and Excel||X|
Build your career with us…
At Caerdav, we recognise that our success comes from the talent, passion and dedication of our team. Working collaboratively, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. We all benefit from the value we create collectively.
We offer a generous annual leave entitlement, private healthcare, uniform, onsite parking and a Company pension scheme. Our working environment is fast paced, exciting and fun to work in. We believe in communicating openly and honesty and trust in the ability of our valued team to deliver our vision.
Category:Safety & Compliance